Dental implants offer the most natural-looking, functioning and lasting solution for the replacement of one or more missing teeth. They have become a routine procedure for replacing missing teeth, offering patients over a 95% success rate and several key long-term oral health benefits. Bella Smiles offers complete services for all types of dental implants in the comfort of our dentist office in Roslyn, NY. There are several different options for dental implants that we offer. If you are missing one tooth or several teeth, Dr. Diana Pop can create a personalized treatment plan to restore beauty, health and function to your smile.
Learn More About Dental Implants
Your teeth are designed to last forever but sometimes that’s not the case. If you are missing teeth or just a single tooth, one of the best things you can do for your oral health is replace them with implants. Dr. Pop will recommend dental implants over removable appliances because of the many benefits.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- A dental implant will look, feel, fit and function just like your natural teeth especially when compared to dentures or a dental bridge. They are strong and stable and the next best thing to your real teeth.
- Dental implants are durable and last longer than other dental restorations. Other options for missing teeth, such as dentures, will eventually need replaced or need maintenance. That cost can add up over a lifetime. When properly placed and cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- A face without teeth will appear sunken and can add years to your appearance. They help keep the natural shape of your face and lower jaw area. With dental implants, your smile will also appear more natural.
- If you’re missing a tooth or multiple teeth, that void can cause bone loss and deterioration in your jawbone. Dental implants are the only option for missing teeth that stimulates the jaw bone which helps stimulate bone growth. This will help prevent bone loss.
- The simple task of talking with removable options for missing teeth can be embarrassing because they sometimes slip or do not fit correctly. Dental implants are permanent and do not slip thus making speaking a lot easier.
- With removable options for missing teeth, there are dietary restrictions. Dentures will deliver about a 30-40% normal chewing function. With dental implants there are no restrictions on what you can eat since they are durable, stable and permanent.
- A tooth-supported dental bridge requires grinding down your healthy teeth in order to provide a place to attach the bridge. You are essentially damaging your healthy teeth, in order to provide a replacement for the missing tooth. A dental implant is surgically placed only the space where the missing tooth is located leaving your healthy teeth alone.
- The constant worry that your restoration may fall out while talking or eating can make social situation intimidating. This leads to feeling uncomfortable in public or around other people. Dental implants are permanent and release a person from that constant worry.