Laser Dentistry An Overview
Laser dentistry is an innovative, effective solution to address a wide range of dental concerns. With the addition of laser dentistry, dentists can complete treatments faster and more effective than ever before. Laser dentistry reduces the risk of infection, enables the natural healing response, and helps patients with dental fear feel comfortable during their treatment.
At Bella Smiles Roslyn, we offer a full range of laser dentistry services to address your oral need. Laser dentistry offers a non-invasive solution to address a gummy smile, periodontal disease, and oral cavities. Our Roslyn dental office is equipped with state of the art dental technology and advanced materials to aid in your journey to better oral health.
Roslyn general dentist Dr. Diana Pop will perform a full dental exam to determine if laser dentistry is right for you. To learn more about laser dentistry, visit our Roslyn, NY dental office.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Promotes the natural healing response
- No drills or loud noises during treatment
- Reduces the chance of infection
- Minimal downtime after treatment
- Less invasive than traditional treatments
- Minimal bleeding, sensitivity, and swelling
Laser Dentistry What to Expect
Your laser dentistry treatment will depend on the type of dental issue you need to address. After a consultation, Dr. Pop will create a treatment plan based on your oral needs. In most cases, patients report undergoing minimal downtime and can return to their normal activities after treatment.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease is a progressive oral health concern that affects the teeth and gums. If left untreated, gum disease can compromise the health and function of the teeth, gums, and bone structure. In advanced cases of gum disease, gum surgery may be needed to restore health to your gums. With the advancements in laser dentistry, your dentist can eliminate the need for gum surgery and use lasers to safely and effectively remove diseased tissue. Laser dentistry can effectively clean the teeth and gums, and promote tissue regeneration.
- Dental Cavities: Laser dentistry can safely treat decayed teeth without the need for traditional dental drills. Patients with dental anxiety can benefit from laser dentistry because it eliminates the need for invasive treatment and drills. Using laser dentistry, your dentist can thoroughly remove the decay portion of the tooth. Once the decay is removed from, the tooth is restored using a dental filling or dental crown.
- Gum Contouring: Laser dentistry can be used to address a gummy smile, restore a receding gum line, or change the shape of the gum line. Laser therapy safely and effectively contours the gum line to match your cosmetic and oral health needs.
Schedule An Appointment
If you would like to determine if laser dentistry is right for you, visit Bella Smiles Roslyn in Roslyn, NY. To schedule an appointment, call or schedule an appointment online.