Dental Crowns An Overview
A dental crown can serve both restorative and cosmetic purposes and can play an important role in maintaining your dental health over time. Also known as a tooth cap or tooth crown, crowns are often placed to repair and strengthen cracked teeth, straighten the appearance of crooked teeth, and address teeth that have been compromised by cavities. A dental bridge can be supported by dental crowns on either side. A dental crown is customized to your smile, covers the entire tooth, like a cap, and is permanently cemented into place.
Dr. Diana Pop will work with you to create a custom dental crown that looks and feels like your natural tooth. She will recommend the most appropriate type of dental crown for your oral health and cosmetic needs. A porcelain or ceramic crown is often suggested for the most durable and aesthetically pleasing result. Dental crowns are color matched to blend seamlessly with your smile for beautiful results.
Common Uses for A Dental Crown:
- After root canal therapy
- To protect a tooth with a large tooth cavity
- To repair a broken tooth or cracked tooth
- To improve the appearance of a crooked tooth or misshaped tooth
- To cover a stained tooth or discolored teeth that won’t respond to professional teeth whitening
- To close gaps between teeth
- To lengthen teeth or improve a “gummy smile”
- Other cosmetic dentistry goals
Schedule a Consultation
If you are have damaged teeth or other concerns about your dental health and would like to learn more about the restorative and cosmetic dental services offered at Bella Smiles in Roslyn schedule a visit with Dr. Diana Pop.